Advertising

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier





I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier


Review by Lauren


Source: copy from library; all opinions are my own


Official Summary : A boy’s search for his father becomes a desperate journey to unlock a secret past. But the past must not be remembered if the boy is to survive. As he searches for the truth that hovers at the edge of his mind, the boy—and readers—arrive at a shattering conclusion.

Review : I Am the Cheese is a difficult book to review, as I don't want to give anything away. Let's just say that I read this when I was younger and really loved it, so I decided to re-read it for my YA Literature course. We had to pick a Dystopia novel from a list and this was on there. I couldn't remember a lot of the details, so it was almost like reading the novel again. I really loved it the second time too, and I never would have thought "this is dystopia" if it weren't for my class. It's not as obvious as a lot of dystopia novels these days, but I think that makes it more interesting for the reader, and even perhaps a bit more frightening.


The basics of this book is that Adam Farmer is riding his bike from Massachusetts to Vermont to visit his father in the hospital. The book goes back and forth between his journey and a recorded conversation between A and T. A is trying to remember details of his past and fill in the blanks, but it's almost as if his subconscious doesn't want him to know certain details. I know this sounds fairly vague, but it's best to go in with as little knowledge or expectations as possible. I love the official summary of this book because it's short enough to not give away pertinent details, but it also has enough information to make you curious and want to know about this boy and the search for his father.


I Am the Cheese is a quick, fascinating read. I definitely recommend!





from Meta Search Alerts copy http://ift.tt/1CX0flF





Sourced by "The typist writer". The place where writers, bloggers, and publicists come to expand their knowledge in the field content production and publication.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Book News

« »